As the Group Financial Accountant, you will take responsibility for the financial reporting process for the Heritage Group and the monthly management accounts for the Retirement Villages.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Leading the annual financial statement reporting process ensuring compliance with Financial Reporting Standards and Retirement Village Act
· Prepare monthly financial reports covering profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statement
· Support the Village and Care Home facility managers and the Trustees in the understanding and analysis of financial performance
· Provide insightful guidance, advice and leadership in an environment of change.
We are Heritage
At Heritage Lifecare, we provide residential aged care services and facilities throughout New Zealand to over 2,500 people. As a trusted aged care provider, our successful growth has stemmed from the ability to nurture and grow environments that feel like home – promoting inclusion, interaction and strong community values. Respecting individuals, both residents and staff, is the foundation stone on which Heritage Lifecare has been built.
What can you bring to Team Heritage?
Applicants must have:
· Chartered Accountant (CAANZ or equivalent professional body) with post-qualification experience
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a medium to large commercial entity
· Ability and experience to lead, direct and develop a team
· Experience in operating and managing a FIMS (ideally Finance One)
· High level of technical knowledge
· Experience in the Aged Care Sector and use of Business Intelligence Tools would be distinct advantages.
This is great opportunity to be an influential and innovative addition to the Finance Team at Heritage Lifecare.
If this is the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please provide a CV, covering letter and completed application form.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews may be held before the closing date of this advert, so please, if you are interested get your application in as soon as possible to increase your chances.
Please note: to be eligible for this position you must have a legal right to work in New Zealand and be prepared to undergo a police vetting procedure.