An exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team at Cantabria Lifecare in Rotorua, as we expand our management team with an additional Clinical Services Manager.
We are Heritage
At Heritage Lifecare, we provide residential aged care services and facilities throughout New Zealand to over 2,500 people. As a trusted aged care provider, our successful growth has stemmed from the ability to nurture and grow environments that feel like home – promoting inclusion, interaction and strong community values. Respecting individuals, both residents and staff, is the foundation stone on which Heritage Lifecare has been built.
Why work anywhere else
Cantabria Lifecare is a 66-bed Rest Home, with a 13-bed dementia unit, 82-bed hospital and a village, located in the heart of Rotorua. The region is renowned for its geothermal activity and Maori culture – making it a great place to work, live and raise a family.
Due to the size of our facility and the blend of Care Home, Dementia and Hospital, we are looking for an additional Clinical Services Manager to join our management team. Reporting directly to the Care Home and Village Manager, you will be responsible for providing high-level clinical leadership and support and monitoring the provision of clinical care to our Rest Home and Dementia residents, whilst ensuring the highest standards are maintained. We only want the best for our residents and are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse who has management skills, excellent communication and clinical skills to lead a team of Registered Nurses and Caregivers so that the resident enjoy a better every day. This is an opportunity to work in an environment where career pathways and positive work ethics are important.
Applicants should have the following:
· Experience in leading and managing staff
· Substantial experience in the aged care facility
· 3-4 years post registration experience
· The skills and experience to lead, direct and continually evaluate the clinical services within the facility
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Sound management, analytical and decision-making skills
· InterRai training, E-case and medimap experience
· Knowledge of the health and disability sector standards and the ability to manage a robust quality system
· Excellent time management skills
· Flexibility to support staff across all shifts
· Eligibility to work in New Zealand
· Immediate Start
· May be required to cover weekends
· Available to provide clinical oversight to the facility as on-call
If you want to work for one of New Zealand’s largest and most progressive aged care employers, we would like to hear from you.
We review applications once received. Hence, interviews could take place before the closing date of this advertisement. If this role appeals to you, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible to increase your chance of an interview.
Please Note: Previous applicants need not apply.